[OM] Re: Reasonable request

Subject: [OM] Re: Reasonable request
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:07:33 +0200

On 20 Jun 2005, at 18:58, <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>

> What are the options for broadband in Europe? I can't imagine that
> state
> owned phone companies would be that good.

Well, I have a Linksys RV082 standing here next to me. It has two pipes
out, through two different teleco's, providing me with an an aggregated
X Mbit/s (I don't remember how much X is), however with the ability to
do automatic fail-over when a line is down. That has happened twice in
a year, and was something I didn't notice until I checked the logs.

Otherwise, we do have cell-phones too in Europe.

> Bill, who will buy you the beer if you're ever in Kansas!

Ya' know, I may just take you up on that offer....

Cheers,

--thomas