[OM] Re: Reasonable request

Subject: [OM] Re: Reasonable request
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:58:23 -0500
until a seasoned listee among
> us had enough of a particularly un-responsive (and irresponsible) ISP
> and axed his connection with them to get one that actually works. Hi
> Bill -- I  owe you a beer or something for that some day ;)
Thanks!! I can tell you that I couldn't be happier. Since changing to the
local cable television provider for everything, including local phone
service over their fiber net (most alternative-to-Bell services simply rent
blocks of lines and resell them), things are great. When I need service, so
far only once past initial setup, I talk to a polite, freindly and helpful
person in my own town. Not in India. Not that there's anything wrong with
India (I love the food and Kingfisher), but could they take one class of
English??? (do they mangle French, or German, or whatever for European
clients?)

What are the options for broadband in Europe? I can't imagine that state
owned phone companies would be that good.

Bill, who will buy you the beer if you're ever in Kansas!