[OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II

Subject: [OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:20:22 +0000
I've got a Konica Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400.  My Nikon-nut son has a Nikon
4000 something or other.  I got tired of his mouth, which, being a chip off the
old block, he tends to run, so we had a scanner contest a few months back, each
scanning a dozen of the same slides and a dozen of the same negatives.  Now he
wants my scanner; I don't want his.  The only areas where the Minolta 5400 was
noticeably better than the Nikon were in detail, sharpness, contrast, color,
and dymanic range.  Otherwise, about the only difference was that, yeah, the
files from the Nikon were smaller.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from