[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f2.8 headed for low closing price ? - 7520300885

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f2.8 headed for low closing price ? - 7520300885
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:06:53 -0700
ScottGee1 wrote:

>Has anyone ever compared the Tamron to the Tokina of similar spec?
>I've had a couple of the latter and appreciated the relatively small
>size and build quality though it tended to get soft on the long end.

Interesting, you have the same feeling about the relative size that I
do. Actually, they are virtually identical in size, with the Tamron
being 8 mm, 5%  longer and 1 mm, 1%, greater in diameter. Weight is
another story, with the Tamron 30% heavier when weighed with caps and
hood. I think the weight and the different tripod mount designs are what
make the Tokina seeem smaller.

Moose