[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f2.8 headed for low closing price ? - 7520300885

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f2.8 headed for low closing price ? - 7520300885
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:56:11 -0700
ScottGee1 wrote:

>Has anyone ever compared the Tamron to the Tokina of similar spec?
>I've had a couple of the latter and appreciated the relatively small
>size and build quality though it tended to get soft on the long end.

Gary tested them both
<http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm>. The Tamron
wins by a nose.  Except perhaps for Gary's admonitions about only full
letter grade differences being significant other than in matched
comparisons, I'm too lazy to do an aperture by aperture, fl by fl grade
assignment and averaging. Suffice it to say both had outstanding test
results and his example of the Tokina was slightly better at the long
than the short end.

Moose