[OM] Re: Ball Game with E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Ball Game with E-1
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:52:52 +0000
Me too, most likely.  I know there are some who make really big prints -- I
have heard like 40x60 in. -- but I ain't one of them.  I don't think, in 50
years, I've ever taken a photograph I wanted blown up that big.  Where would I
put it?  Who would care?  Except for commercial or show-off purposes, I don't
see the point of making such humongous prints.  The biggest I ever made myself
were 16x20, and there have been precious few of those.

I once, long ago, had a 20x30 made of a really special shot, at the urging of
an ex-wife, who was the subject, but then when she left, she took it with her,
so I now no longer have the problem of what to do with a print too big or a
wife too... Never mind.

I haven't made, or caused to be made, a print larger than 11x14 in a long, long
time.  Actually, the biggest paper I have is 11.7x16.5, so one or two may have
been a smidgen bigger.  But my default size is the humble, common 8x10, and I'd
guess than an 8x10 or 11x14 from the E-1 is going to be good enough for me for
a long time.  That's as big as my stuff deserves to be.

Of course, if the E-3 happens to have some really cool features, like in-camera
IS or some such, that might, just might, make it a different ballgame.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --