[OM] Re: [OT]Pop quiz

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Pop quiz
From: Chris Savage <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:42:33 +0100
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>I see it all the time on digital forums which talk about unsharp mask
>a lot. It does not seem to me that a Canon trade logo for a focus
>motor in the lens should be on a photography quiz any more than the
>AF-S used by Nikon or HSM used by Tamron for their versions of the
>same thing.

Indeed, but the Canon incantation was the only one to come into my head
at the time. But I wish I'd thought of Carter USM. Better to throw the
point away with style.

There was also a question on how to wire a mains plug and calculate fuse
rating from appliance power (incorrect way to choose a fuse of course,
but I wasn't going to throw that point away) so a Canon trademark
wouldn't be too far off the map.