[OM] Re: You Bastards!

Subject: [OM] Re: You Bastards!
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 11:10:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Walt Wayman wrote:

> Now I have to figure what else I'm going to need.  I think the only thing
> I already have that could be considered E-1 specifc is a 67-72mm step up
> ring so I can use all those 72mm filters on the 14-54 lens.  (Filters don't
> seeem to be an option with the 7-14, since under the heading "Filter Size,"
> it says "No.")  This initial order also included a Sandisk 1GB Ultra II
> CompactFlash Card and a card reader.  I forgot to buy any digital film,
> though.  Maybe I can pick up some at Target or Walgreen's.  :-)

Congratulations on making the jump, the sky must really be falling now! :-)
You'll love the 7-14mm, it really is a wide-angle lovers dream.  Filters can't
be used on the lens, the front element is just too large to put anything in
front of it (except the cap :-).  There are no provisions for rear filters
either.  The only downside to the lens is it's size, it's a huge beast so get
those muscles exercised!

> Any of you E-thing users want to tell me what else I will need that I don't
> have?  Other than good sense, of course.

An SHLD-2 battery grip/pack balances out the E-1 nicely.  The FS-2 grid screen
really helps with the 7-14mm.  I also like the larger EP-2 eyecup.  A large
bank account also helps :-)
                                        -mark