[OM] Re: Info from a New Zealand list member please

Subject: [OM] Re: Info from a New Zealand list member please
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:53:08 +0200
I didn't go into the bank or use swift ( I  didn't get sent a swift
number), just entered the details via my online banking account. It will
be a good test of how good these swiss banks really are. I had heard
horror stories of transfers going missing for weeks, but I think it is
much better these days, certainly when I transfer money to the UK now it
is same day, the other way is much slower.

Deal wasn't as good as the first time around, had to pay premium for a
1Gb card (it also comes with the 14-45 lens) and with postage and
customs added, it will not be much cheaper than the advertised academic
kit here in switzerland (also with 14-45). The big difference though is
that the academic kit is no longer available here so the nearest I could
get is the E-1 with 14-54 and FL36 flash which would cost an extra  600
USD,  333 UKP, 750 SFR, 485 EUR or 850NZD  OR putting it another way I
got the E-1 and 14-45 with 1GB card for the price I would have to pay
for just the E-1 body. I can always add stuff later when cash flow is
better.

Sure glad my sister had a pal in new zealand, but I maybe should have
waited as I have some pals of my own who are coming over for the lions
rugby tour, which would save the postage and I bet they could claim the
NZ tax back.

Cheers Ian

who is glad to have a 90F2 ready and waiting to try out on the E-1.
anyone want to buy an eos to om adapter