[OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2

Subject: [OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2
From: "Lawrence Plummer" <plummerl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:10:42 -0700
Not sure about Edward, but Sally Mann had a camera with a cracked lens:

Great Places," at the Corcoran Gallery of Art Many of the high-profile
contributors to this multiartist show submitted mediocre work, but the
exhibition, on view until Dec. 31, includes a few certifiable gems. Hope
Sandrow's half-submerged images of Indonesia's Komodo National Park-printed
in segments in a room-long horizontal format-are both technically innovative
and visually bracing. Richard Misrach's large-scale photographs of water and
sand dunes in Nevada exude a meditative peacefulness. Sally Mann used an old
camera with a cracked lens to capture a deserted Mexican beach, and Mary
Ellen Mark empathetically documented the forlorn inhabitants of Virginia's
Eastern Shore and Alaska's Pribilof Islands.

From: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/special/arts2001/photo_2001.html

My favorite, old Rolleiflex 2.8c (Xenotar) has a great lens with bubbles in
the glass.

Larry