[OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- Tom Scales wrote:
> OK, I have to weigh in on this one.  This essentially claims
> that the E-1,
> with Digital Zuikos, produces results equal to my D2X with a
> 35mm-intended lens.
> Ridiculous. Irrational. Unsupportable.
> Just flat wrong.

There you go again. Mentioning the CWMNBN.

If it wasn't for an out-of-control mortgage, kids in private
school, unending medical bills (you're with me there), various
and asundry fees, licenses and other assocation costs, I'd be
snagging the dee-two-ex in a heartbeat.  What a wonderful camera
in almost every way.

I feel as though I'm running smack into the antialiasing filter
of the E-1. I KNOW some of my lenses are able to produce
x-amount of resolution (I've done controlled chart-testing) and
those same lenses on the E-1 don't produce anywhere the same
amount of resolution.

Olympus' marketing claimed that the new E-series lenses were
what made the system special.  This article repeats that claim.
However, in actual testing you can see that the Olympus just
doesn't measure up to the other cameras in the 6mp sensor size.
Test charts don't lie.

However, for the bulk of professional photographers in this
country, the E-1 is actually about the best possible system out
there. Resolution is not a factor in Portrait and Wedding
Photography. The camera handles extremely well and produces
outstanding pictures straight out of the camera with little to
no post-processing required.  As a result, there are more than a
handful of pros using the E-1 for this application.  I surely
have no complaints.

But I can only imagine what 12mp would do for landscape work.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com