[OM] Re: Decisions, Decisions; Which Two Should I Send?

Subject: [OM] Re: Decisions, Decisions; Which Two Should I Send?
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:58:52 -0500
At 02:05 PM 5/26/2005, Iwert wrote:

>I like reflections 2 and shoes most, then comes the self portrait,
>
>does this make the decision easier? :)))

Nope.  :-))))

Thanks for all the comments from everyone.  Still a bit undecided, and am
having several reprinted by a local lab to see what they do with them
(color balance, density, etc.).  There seems to be a general liking for
Wildflowers #3 (aka #63).  I found its patch of white in a sea of the light
purple ones . . . daring to be different from all the rest . . . it doesn't
look as washed out (by the lighting) and has a "wild" look compared to #62
which.

Further comments are still welcome . . . everyone thus far has said
something quite useful.

For your general enjoyment, these two were shot in our garden at home after
returning from the park to finish off the roll of film.  The Other Half has
been traveling with her parents and is "distraught" she is missing some of
the flowers blooming . . . I was given a clear mission over the phone when
I told her about the azalea in particular.  The azalea *is* that color . .
. a very saturated yellow!

If anyone has suggestions on how to compose an azalea blossom, it would be
most welcome.  I've never photographed them before.  They explode with many
blossoms in very tight clusters . . . was frustrated trying to get
separation of one from the rest for a close-up . . . is it even possible
without chopping one off?

Very, very yellow Azalea:
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/big.asp?photoID=926691

Yellow [Day ??] Lily: