[OM] [OT] Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]

Subject: [OM] [OT] Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]
From: "Michael R. Collins" <michael789@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:23:40 -0400
>Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>>  Old socks are likely to deposit as much as they remove.  The Swiffer may
>>  be a revelation to you.  It really is like a magnet.
>
>  Interesting -- I'd assumed it was another of those things they'd
>invented purely to sell us more supplies, but I'll give it a look.

Don't confuse it with the Swiffer Wet, though. The DIRECTIONS FOR USE
on the that product's package (as sold in Canada) begin as follows:
"(for U.S. only): It is in violation of U.S. federal law to use this
product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling." There is no
similar caution for Canadians and Mexicans, presumably due to the
laxness of the legal system in those NAFTA countries.

So: what U.S. federal law is this? And what "inconsistent" uses would
constitute violations? And the penalty for such violations? Enquiring
minds want to know...

Michael
--
Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx