[OM] Re: E-300 sensor in E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 sensor in E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 16:31:51 -0700
swisspace wrote:

>I here rumours on dpreview.com that oly might release the E-1 with the
>E-300 sensor. From what I gather the results from the E-300 are no
>better than the E-1  - I have not used either so that is just based on
>info gleaned from the web etc.

Well, they aren't better in that they are still noisier than the
competition. They are better in that you have more pixels to spread over
any given output size.

I met a magazine photog who bought an E300 to avoid having to upsample
5mp images to meet magazine requirements.

By the way, I'm not dissing the E-1 as not making high enough quality
images for magazine reproduction, just refering to the possibly
arbitrary requirements of some publishers. I don't know enough about it
to make any judgement.

Moose