[OM] Re: 24 shift lens.

Subject: [OM] Re: 24 shift lens.
From: "Mike Hatam" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:51:51 -0700

Scott,

I'm shooting digital - Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II - 16.6 Megapixels.  I posted my
shooting methods here on the list about a month ago - I'm doing "stitched
pano" shots using the shifts in the lens, with the lens in portrait mode.
This gives me roughly a 4x3 aspect ratio shot with 35 Megapixels.

My shooting equipment and technique is very demanding on lenses, and the
Canon wide-angle lenses are very poor in general (even the expensive L
lenses - and I've tried them all).  This Zuiko 24 Shift out-performs the
Canon 24-TSE, but not by as wide of a margin as I had hoped for.

Mike