[OM] Re: The 2SP Bug

Subject: [OM] Re: The 2SP Bug
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 23:25:30 -0500
At 07:52 PM 5/3/2005, Rob in Seattle wrote:
>I¹ve got the bug for a OM-2SP to keep my OM-1MD and OM-4Ti company. I have a
>N*kon FG that offers a program mode, and while it¹s not something I use all
>the time, it¹s pretty handy for snapshots. Now that I¹m fully emotionally
>and financially invested in OM¹s the FG isn¹t seeing much use, but I miss
>that program mode. My ultimate vision is to acquire a 40/2 to keep on the
>2SP...for those one lens one camera walkabouts. I¹ve been reading through
>the archives, reading the eSIF and so on, and have not yet been deterred.

I have one and use it as a second OM-4.  Other than multi-spot metering,
its operation in aperture priority AE is identical in practical use, except
for a very slightly longer delay from shutter release push to shutter
actuation.  Hasn't been any problem switching between the two in that
regard . . . but if you use a motor drive or winder in sequence (which I
don't; OK I've done it once in about 25 years) it won't fire sequences as
quickly.  I don't use its Program Mode at all.  Have used it in Manual
Mode, but have to remind myself it's spot metering, and use its metering in
that manner, that it's not a weighted average (like the OM-2n or OM-4).

>So if someone has one they¹re thinking of selling in a while, keep me in
>mind. It¹ll take me a month or two to save up.

Sorry I can't help you with this.  As you might guess, mine's not available
. . . I use it, the OM-4 and an OM-2n regularly to hold different films . .
. the likelihood of any of them being available at any time in the future
is nil.

-- John Lind