[OM] Re: The 2SP Bug

Subject: [OM] Re: The 2SP Bug
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 18:42:27 -0700
Rob Harrison wrote:

>I¹ve got the bug for a OM-2SP to keep my OM-1MD and OM-4Ti company. I have a
>N*kon FG that offers a program mode, and while it¹s not something I use all
>the time, it¹s pretty handy for snapshots. Now that I¹m fully emotionally
>and financially invested in OM¹s the FG isn¹t seeing much use, but I miss
>that program mode.

I've got one of those in the closet, inherited. I've never use program
mode on it.

>My ultimate vision is to acquire a 40/2 to keep on the
>2SP...for those one lens one camera walkabouts. I¹ve been reading through
>the archives, reading the eSIF and so on, and have not yet been deterred.

Not a bad combo. I'm with Chuck, though. The 2s spot metering is in
manual mode only, so it acts like a 2(n) with an extra added tool for
manual work. In Program Mode, it has regular center weighted metering.
On the other hand, the ESP metering on the PC/40 is just perfect for
those casual walkabouts you mention. It is very hard to fool it with
front or back lighting, much better than the other bodies in Auto for
getting the exposure right without thinking. I think the best OM casual
one lens, one camera walkabout combo is the PC with the 35-70/3.5-4.5
that was sold in a kit with it. The lens is so tiny and light it feels
like a 50mm, even uses the same hood, which will still reverse over its
diminutive body. Yet it's an excellent performer.

George was trying to sell a recently CLAed PC recently. I already have a
surfeit of OM-PC bodies, or I would have bought it.

Moose