[OM] Re: Screens

Subject: [OM] Re: Screens
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 18:54:20 +0000
Moose,

I don't disagree with anything you've said.  I too think the coarser Beatties
work better with long lenses, maybe even better than the 1-7.  On the flip
side, my favorite and most used wide angle is the 21/2 Zuiko.  Set to 6 feet
and shut down to f/8, everything from 3 feet to way the hell over yonder is in
focus, at least good enough for guv'mint work.  Don't need no focusing aids
with it, sos the Beatties do okay.  :-)

Two of my Beatties have the 45 degree split prism, and I like them every bit as
much as the 2-13 for general use.  The other'n is a plain matte with a grid,
which looks like it was cut with a chainsaw.  It serves the purpose, but it
ain't all that pretty.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from