[OM] Re: Screens

Subject: [OM] Re: Screens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 11:28:13 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:

>In my flock, I have both Beattie and 2-13 screens.  I judge them equal in
>terms of brightness and utility, although I agree with John that the 2-13
>certainly presents a more refined appearance.

I have a plain Beattie and both 2-4 and 2-13 screens. I can see where
the Beattie's coarser surface might even help with very long lenses and
it's certainly fine with middle focal lengths. Maybe it would work
better with low contrast subjects. However, it doesn't work as well as a
2 series for wide angle. I wish I had made notes (although I probably
couldn't find them, anyway) when I sat down and compared the Beattie and
a 2-4 in a pair of OM-4 bodies with the same lenses. I seem to recall
that the difference became apparent by 28mm and pronounced by 24mm.

Moose