[OM] Re: Tripods

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:53:16 -0500
At 12:05 PM 4/27/2005 +0800, you wrote:

> > A tripod is a tool. Just as a saw isn't a screwdriver, it has it's uses.
> > Just not for every job.
>
>Yes, but I get laughed at for actually using one...

Shucks, Albert.  There's always something.  If you bracket, someone will
say you don't have the skills to get the exposure right in one try.  If you
shoot RAW, someone will say you love your computer and stink as a
photographer.  If you use a tripod, they'll say you can't hold the camera
steady.  If you shoot film, they'll say you're wasting money and that
digital is better.  If you use the viewfinder, they'll say the LCD is better.

What people laugh at, particularly males with more glands than brains, says
more about them than you.  One of the things you can look forward to about
getting older is that you won't care what other people think so much.  Just
do the right thing.

Joel W.