[OM] Re: Tripods

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods
From: "Albert" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:06:48 +0800 (CST)
I bought one of those cheapie laser pointers and taped it to my camera.  I
walked around and snapped off a few shots (but no film), I wanted to see
the camera shake from mirror slap as recommend by Nikon..

well..  Let me tell ya.. it ain't the mirror slap that shakes!!  Even
exhaling and holding my breath (which I do for every shot) you still get
quite a bit of shake, as confirmed by the laser pointer..

My small tripod does still give a little bit of shake, but the big one is
rock solid, err..  I mean weighs the same as a rock...  err.. I mean..
well, you know what I mean.

I have a few scenery shots of a famous photo location here in Taiwan, and
some were like "WOW, yours are sooo sharp!"  What's your secret?

Fuji Reala + PL + 50mm F1.6 stopped down to F11 + mirror lockup +
self-timer + tripod + backpacks on tripod + hyperfocused (based on F4 but
shot at F16).

But somehow, not saying that I spend a billion dollars on the 80lb
Uberlens, they seem disappointed..  "All that from a $10 lens??"  My lens
came free when I bought the body  :-)

I'm just wondering if photoshop has become the crutch-word used to bandaid
bad photographic technique..