[OM] Re: OM Pix in Print

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Pix in Print
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:10:32 -0500
At 12:46 AM 4/18/2005, Robert Jackson wrote:

>Nicely done. Congratulations.
>
>I grew up in Terre Haute, BTW. Right at the corner of College and
>Center. Now St. Anthony's is gone. Cruft Elementary is gone. Downtown
>is nearly dead. Every time I visit I feel about a hundred years old.
>;-)

Thanks . . .
I'm originally from Fort Wayne and live in Kokomo.  I've never been in
Terre Haute except to drive through it on I-70 and U.S. 40 (IMHO that
doesn't really count).  Things have changed considerably in Fort Wayne
too.  The neighborhood around the house my father had built in Fort Wayne
is completely different.

One of my unfinished projects is photographically documenting life along
U.S. 40 (aka the Old National Road) from Richmond (Indiana) to Terre
Haute.  Started on it several summers ago and quickly realized it would
require considerably more effort than a couple spring and summer months . .
. likely several years of working on it a few months each year . . . and
shelved it.  Haven't abandoned the idea, but it will require undivided
attention when I pick it back up again.  I need to do more in-depth
research before continuing, and there is other work I want to finish before
continuing it.  In the little time already spent on U.S. 40 in Richmond and
Terre Haute, I found both interesting.

Thanks,
-- John Lind