[OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24 shift

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24 shift
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:10:51 +0200
Heeeey Willie Wonka / Boris / Alienspecimen...what're you doing?!?!?!?

On 15 Apr 2005, at 01:48, Willie Wonka wrote:

> Pssst,
> Over here...
> Still wandering where those nanometers come from?  Well, let me give
> some tips on how to get the info you want from the members of this
> list.
> The reason you don't have the answer is, because you are not one of
> us... yet...Believe or not, the fact you have Zuikos, does not matter
> much (you probably noticed already that this is not a popular topic on
> this list...)
> Here is how to improve your status:
> 1.  Praise your big, shiny SUV as often as you can.  If you don't have
> one, you'd better get one, or at least become very knowledgeable about
> SUV's.  Never criticize others for having SUV's. that's for furriners,
> we tolerate it from time to time, because we cant kick them out of the
> country.

Well, sure, praise your SUV -- just not on the list, least you'll
summon the wrath of the list-mum....

> 2.  Get a gun.  Dont kill anyone, just get one.  Praise the guns of
> others (especially the ones with big ones...).  Never criticize gun
> owners.  That's for furriners, we tolerate it from time to time,
> because we cant kick them out of the country.

Well sure, gun away to your fancy -- just not on the list, least you'll
summon the wrath of the list-mum....

> 3.  Last, but most important.  Discuss politics as often as you can.
> Have to warn you though, that we are rough and tough and don't
> tolerate liberal weenies around.  If you think that the current
> occupant of the oval office is dumb, retarded idiot, your place is not
> here. Yep, you guessed it, that's for furriners, we tolerate it from
> time to time, because we cant kick them out of the country.

Oval office? What oval office? Ohh, right, yeah....well, if you
absolutely *must* make a political opinion known, I'd suggest doing so
in your local community center, newspaper or (gasp) election. We're an
international list, so "oval office" makes sense only for a geographic
minority. Also, being an international list, whatever geopolitical
opinion one has, it's sure to go against the opinion of someone else --
with the ensuring flamefest. So I'd suggest taking that elsewhere too,
least you'll summon the wrath of.....well, you get the general idea
now, right?

> Now, can I ask for a quick favor (I gave you all this tips how to
> become popular, remember...?)

Here's a tip: whatever you do, never trust advice given to a guy who
picks an email-address containing "Willie Wonka". If he does give you a
tip, doing the *opposite* of what he suggests is probably sound advice
;)

> No one brought it up, but I am curious:
> Why don't you just slap a 24 tilt/shift lens in front of your camera?
> I only good things about it.  In addition to that, you get the tilt
> function the Zuiko does not have for half the price.

So let me get this straight: you want to slap a lens which doesn't
exist in front of your camera???? There's something I'm not getting
here ;)

--thomas

(anyone wants to trade seats with me? The woman next to me in the
flight has started to snoore....)