[OM] Re: ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??

Subject: [OM] Re: ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:46:59 -0500
At 10:00 PM 4/15/2005, Paul wrote:

>I don't think the 75-150 was designated an "S" Zuiko. The 100-200/5 was,
>though, as were the two Cosina zooms released with the OM2000.
>
>Paul

I went back looking for my very old brochure of the OM system from about
1979 and found a few other very old goodies, but not the brochure.  A
couple on-line Zuiko lens sites agree with you; I concede.  Don't know why
I was thinking it was an S Zuiko during all those years of ownership;
perhaps it was the thought that it should have been so designated due to
its retail price point.  The last of the 75-150/4's were apparently
multi-coated (mine was definitely not), which may have improved them some .
. . but I also believe there are very few MC's in this lens compared to
SC's which were (and are) quite ubiquitous.  It was a big seller to the
consumer market during the OM-10 era.

My biggest complaint with the 75-150/4 [SC] was relatively lower contrast
and susceptibility to flare . . . this is in comparison to the top end
lenses I currently have . . . likely the MC improved that but how much I
don't know . . . never owned an MC version.

-- John Lind