[OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:24:29 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And the OM-adaptor is REALLY worth the wait. The Digital Zuiko's are, well,
> digital I suppose. Nice, but. The overall impression of my pictures till
> now is that the best ones are coming from my "old zuiko's", but this might
> as well be the larger aperture, shallower DOF.

My experience is the opposite, the new ZD lenses are far better than the
old OM's on the E-1.  The colour balance of the OM lenses is always a bit
off (real easy to see these days with all the snow around) and they just
don't seem to be as sharp.  I know these OM lenses can do better, we're
talking lenses like the 35-80/2.8, 100/2, etc. They constantly produce
gorgeous results for me on Provia F, but when put on the E-1 they just seem
to lose something.  The ZD lenses are much better, but I still think the
top end OM lenses on Provia produce sharper results.  Maybe the ZD 300/2.8
produces better results, too bad it's so unaffordable.
                                        -mark