[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:24:32 -0800
jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Quoting Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx>:
>

>Was wondering about that myself.  I thought your explanation
>was quite clear, though I hadn't yet figured out how to
>apply it to the situation with the adapter, which I guess is
>going to be a task at hand for me.

Well, that's what I was talking about, clear enough and acurate enough,
"Blowing the half frame up to 8x10 naturally makes the picture fuzzier."
But without any direct help with the actual question James asked to
start the thread:

"But how do I work out depth of field using the scale on the lens? Using
the 24mm (which becomes a 'standard' 48mm) on an OM at F8 gives an
indicated depth of field of just over a meter to infinity. Can I do
something simple, like......"

>The UPS stork drops off my new E-1 baby today.

Lovely!

>And I have to work late, again ...

Bummer

Moose