[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:34:41 -0800 (PST)
> See, that's the thing, really. A 4/3 sensor is about half as
> wide and
> half as tall as a frame of 35mm film, which works out to about
> 1/4 the size, right?

Yes, but you only magnify it 50% more than a 35mm image. Or is
it 100% more?  My brain hurts.

> I was in my dentist's office a few months ago and he
> was showing me his new D70. I was checking it out and noticed
> that it was set on the lowest resolution...

Which is odd, since most dentists that fancy themselves
photographers are pretty A.R. about image quality.

> top of a staircase and tumbled down about ten steps (holding
> the camera high above my head).

Camera? Keister? Camera? Keister? Sky, floor, sky, floor.  Now
you're picking up speed. Other people begin to point and laugh.
Oh, the embarassment. Your shirt rips, a shoe falls off. You
wonder why it is you forgot to wear suspenders or belt as your
pants are now down around your ankles. The worst part is that
because of the cow pie incident you didn't have any clean boxers
to put on. The crowd pulls out their cellphones, snap pictures
and have them emailed to their friends in seconds.

At least you saved the camera.

AG