[OM] IT8, was Slide copying with Olympus E1

Subject: [OM] IT8, was Slide copying with Olympus E1
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 07:13:40 +0000
Moose

Looking at the IT8 target and at the differences between top and bottom
(unadjusted and adjusted respectively?), it looks as the adjusted chart
is not rendered properly; there are few graduations in darker tones.  I
shall have to assume that it is my monitor compared with yours.  But I
use "lock image color" (sic ;-)) by scanning a blank frame from the
start of the film and adjusting all my scans from there on.  Is that
simpler than the IT8 method or more complicated, in your view?

Your adjusted shots show more contrast, so I suppose a "vulnerable"
high tone is more likely to be blown out as a result of adjustment.
Whatever the explanation, I prefer all the adjusted shots.

Chris