[OM] Re: IT8, was Slide copying with Olympus E1

Subject: [OM] Re: IT8, was Slide copying with Olympus E1
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:07:27 +0000
Moose

I suppose you are not profiling your monitor in the same sense as you
are profiling your scanner to interpret each film to provide a
consistent output, but ...  I use an Apple system to calibrate my
monitor for what I want to view.  I suppose that it does not match a
film profile, but the film is not what is driving this exercise.  You
are trying to standardise your equipment so that a certain colour or
light level looks the same on your monitor whatever the source.  You
are trying to do the same with your printer.

Chris