[OM] Re: OT - Camera Hacking disposables

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Camera Hacking disposables
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:38:01 -0800
DICK LAGUE wrote:

>There is a story in the March 2005 issue of PC WORLD magazine p. 84 that
>tells you how to install Canon 10D firmware in your 300d.  Basically you
>use the CF card to upgrade the firmware after downloading the hacked
>firmware file.  You can always put the old firmware back in.

I've been using the "Russian Hack" firmware in my 300D since Sept. of
last year. It adds some, but not all of the 10D functions that were
missing on the 300D, mostly the important ones. It has been absolutely
problem free and when I researched it, I couldn't find any instance of
someone for whom it didn't work.

As to warranty, it just takes a few moments to reload the standard
firmware if one must send the camera in for service. There is at least
one case quoted on the site of a camera sent in with the hack and
returned with the hack still there and the camera repaired.

The best and most informative way to access it and find out all about it
is <http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/tricks/digital-rebel-tricks.html>.

Moose