[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:33:50 -0000 (GMT)

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:13:37 -0500, Skip Williams wrote:
>
>>But they really need two new bodies:  an E-1 replacement, dropping an 8MP
>> sensor into the E-1 body, and a new, pro-spec camera with higher MP and
> faster/bigger than the E-1.  The 5MP E-1 is going to get slammed down
> pretty hard this year without an update.
>
> To be honest, the ONLY reason I'm looking at C*non or N*kon is that 5
> megapixel sensor. I don't want to start off a step behind the competition.

I cant understand what olympus are trying to do here.
They have two cameras that do not constitute an upgrade path.
One has a poorer lens but better CCD and no interchangable focusing screens
the other has a better lens as standard a lower res CCD and  two focusing
screens available neither of which have any form of split to aid focusing.
I so much wish olympus had put a full frame sensor into an om4ti...
James