[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:13:29 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>What I think would be really great would be a 4/3 sensor version of the
>C-8080 with some the miniaturization smarts that Olympus had when the
>OM-1 was designed so that it would be no bigger. It would be the
>perfect travel camera not requiring a bag.

Wonderful concept. I'll take one. :-)

Do you think they can really redesign the lens from coverage of 8.8x11mm
to coverage of 18x22.5mm without making it larger and heavier?
Otherwise, you just get a nice image circle in the middle of a lot of
blank space. Also, the focal lengths would have to be longer to maintain
the same coverage, meaning a deeper camera lens combo.....

Moose