[OM] Re: (OM) Choice of digital camera

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Choice of digital camera
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:07:17 -0600
At 10:48 AM 1/28/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>Here's a different approach.  Scan those of the slide film originals you
>still want to use, and switch to colour negative film scanned in-lab for the
>future shots.
>
>Capital outlay will be nil (except for the film scanner, but you would need
>that anyway to use the archive shots, and possibly a PC to assemble the
>presentation, which you would also need with the digital camera) and there
>will be no difficulties in choosing which digital camera provides the best
>approximation to what you have been accustomed to using.
>
>And then, when you have finally decided that the C-8080 suits the need, it
>will probably be less than half the price it is today.
>
>--
>Piers

I am more than happy with the C-8080, which offers WA and Tele converters
for a lot of range (though somewhat fiddly).  But I think Piers offers a
good solution.  Film scanning is sort of indispensable for a film shooter
of long-standing, so that's a great place to start (and stay as long as you
want -- film is still my favorite digital source).

It's too bad the gentleman feels like he's being dragged to digital
photography by the furies.  That's bad zen (mixed religions -- sorry).

Joel W.