[OM] shift lens usage question

Subject: [OM] shift lens usage question
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:05:55 -0000 (GMT)

I have just made the next step in zuikoholism... 24mm shift. (Damn I am
not getting better even though I admit I have a problem...)

However, I have a question about using it...

The instruction "manual" - well sheet says that "the viewfinder shows
correct exposure indications only when the lens is not shifted.

I take it that with otf metering the camera will take correctly exposed
pictures in auto even with the lens shifted and that I should simply
ignore what the metering says when the lens is shifted. But what about
spot metering?

Does this mean that if I want to spot meter with my 4ti I have to spot
meter with the lens unshifted and not stoped down, then attach it to the
tripod compose the shot and stop down? or?????

regards
James

so it look like (for me) the levels of addiction are
om2
om3
om4ti
80mm macro and T10 and twin t28s