[OM] More winter photos

Subject: [OM] More winter photos
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:41:26 -0500
I have put a few winter photos (Dec 2004, Ottawa) on the web. They can
be viewed at this URL: http://photos.yahoo.com/mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx.
WHile they appear small, they are "full size" and large files.  Haven't
taken pictures of snow scenes for quite a while, which may show.

Photos were taken with OM-2n and a mixture of 21/3.5 and 100/2 (if I
remember correctly), and with no exposure compensation. The light was a
little strange: overcast with some faint sun coming through at times.
What was impressive at the time was that the wet snow stayed on the
trees as there was no wind (for at least two days) and everything had an
eery white appearance, which is visible in a couple of the photos.  The
Kodak 400 Max film was developed at Costco! and put in CD. The only
alteration I made was to brighten the photos a little, nothing more. My
initial reaction is that they appear to lack "colour", but this may be
an effect of all the snow and the lack of sun. Comments from anyone on
this and other things welcome.

Having said the above, one photo was taken in early eventing with a 3.2
Mp digital camera - sorry folks- and this has been doctored more heavily
as it was quite "dark". The colours look better on the 4x6 print (Canon
I960) than on the screen.

With all the snow in Eastern Canada and New England, I expect that there
will be lots of snow scenes and the like in the coming weeks.

Martin