[OM] Re: Tri-X pan 120 film

Subject: [OM] Re: Tri-X pan 120 film
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:06:54 +0000
John,

There are four kinds of Tri-X. There's PROFESSIONAL Tri-X 320, Film Code
320TXP, with an ASA/ISO/EI of 320/640.  Then there's Tri-X Pan Professional,
Film Code TXP, ASA/ISO/EI 320/640.  And there's PROFESSIONAL Tri-X 400, Film
Code 400TX, ASA/ISO/EI 400/800.  Finally, there's Tri-X Pan, Film Code TX,
ASA/ISO/EI 400/800.

Develop any of them for about 8 minutes or so in D-76 and you'll end up with
something usable, maybe a little grainy, depending on what you expect, but
good.  Tri-X is my second favorite B&W film, right behind Plus-X, of which
there are only three kinds.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from