[OM] Re: More winter photos

Subject: [OM] Re: More winter photos
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:18:46 -0800 (PST)
--- Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I must admit that deliberately over-exposing snow is
> counter-intuitive for me.  I have always been more concerned about
> bright snow "tricking" or overpowering the meter and underexposing
all
> the darker/shadow areas.  I suspect that when there is bright snow
(ie, > with sun) there is no need to over-expose.

Oh sure there would be if you're shooting slide film.  If you trusted
your meter for example, with your vertical image of the pine trees
ladened with snow in full sun, I bet your snow would show as a shade of
gray very close to zone 5 instead of white.

Richard

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250