[OM] WTB: Back for OM2n

Subject: [OM] WTB: Back for OM2n
From: Tom Murphy <murphytj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:02:45 +0000
I've had one of those days! I went out to take some photos this
morning, first time this year. I took the OM4 and OM2n and a few
zuikos. I hadn't used the OM4 for a few months and I assumed that there
was film in it so I didn't check. Anyway I was taking some photos with
the OM4 and the OM2n was sitting in my bag. However I managed it the
OM2n fell out of my bag and onto a frozen tarmac surface. The back
cover got dented at the end that opens up but all else seemed ok. I
carried on taking photos and when the roll was finished I rewound it
and tried to open the back - problems. The back didn't open. Eventually
I got the back open and discovered that the lock on the back cover had
snapped off!

Would Araldite be ok to use to try and glue the metal lock piece back?

I also discovered that the battery clip in the Winder 2 had cracked at
the contact end and needs to be glued - Araldite again?

Has anyone got a back cover for an OM2n for sale? Condition doesn't
matter as the OM2n is a beater and has lots of brass showing and a few
dents - one extra after today.

To cap it all I looked at the film counter on the OM4 - it was at E so
I went to re-wind the film only to discover that I had been using the
camera for the past weeks without film in it. Every felt a complete
fool?

Tom Murphy