[OM] Re: Fungus

Subject: [OM] Re: Fungus
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:25:31 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:

>With a notable exception being the 50mm lenses. The fastest lenses (f1.2)
>have made compromises to get the speed.

I'm not sure that is always true. It was true for the 55/1.2 lens, which
was introduced after the 1.4 and discontinued before it. The 50/1.2 was
the flagship replacement for the 1.4. Gary's tests seem to indicate that
the 50/1.2 isn't as good wide open as the latest 1.4. However, Gary has
said that subsequent experience led him to believe that his test was not
representative of wide open performance of these lenses. I don't
remember just now the reason he specutated may have been responsible for
the problem in his test.

Moose