[OM] Re: Fungus

Subject: [OM] Re: Fungus
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:04:49 -0800
The Tamron SP 80-200 f2.8 has great performance. The drawback is that it is
big, heavy, and costs about $270. The Zuiko 70-210 was fairly inexpensive (I
believe less than $100) from B&H when available new. At the same time, used
ones were selling for more on yaBe. The Zuiko 65-200 f4 is pretty well
regarded but many have problems with haze on an internal element - often
can't be fixed. The Zuiko 85-250 f5 (two touch zoom) is a fairly long lens
with a pretty good reputation. The Zuiko 50-250 f5 is very nice but some
people don't like it's bokeh and it is pretty expensive and hard to find. If
the size of the Tamron is acceptable, you won't be dissappointed. Otherwise
the choices are many without strong reasons to pick one over another.

Another option for the middle range is the Zuiko 35-105 f3.5-4.5 or the
Tamron SP 35-105 f2.8. The Zuiko can be found for about $150 while the
Tamron is about $260. I used the Zuiko 35-70 f3.6 for many years and was
happy with it but having a little longer range is nice too.
-jeff