[OM] Re: OM to E adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E adaptor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:54:09 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:

>Mais non m'seiu. It is just a ring, albeit well made, which fits into
>the camera.  The zuiko then fits neatly into the adaptor.  There are no
>connections other than that, so you have to use stopped-down metering
>and aperture-priority or manual exposure control.  I expect that ESP
>metering still works though ...

Metering works pretty well, but not perfectly. C.H. has posted on his
experience with the E-1.

When I tested the 300D with Zuiko lens, I found a tendency to overexpose
at the widest apertures, then settle down to accurate exposures, with
the effect much stronger in Auto than Manual exposure mode
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/300Dexp.jpg>. As I recall, C.H. had
the opposite experience with OM lenses on the E-1, with a tendency to
underexpose at wide apertures. For many applications where I would be
using an OM lens on a DSLR, it doesn't matter much, as one may just
shoot, look at the results, correct, and shoot again.*

Moose

Is there a book in this? "Shoot Look Correct and Shoot"