[OM] Re: Oh yeah, now I remember

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh yeah, now I remember
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:03:50 -0800
I guess it is a matter of how you define significantly. I was not
making a statement that there would not be progress. I was addressing
people who keep saying they are going to stick to film because of the
rapid obsolescence in the digital market. I bought a D100 two years
after it came out(introduced just before the D60) and I am still
pleased with the images. I realize that there are now cameras out there
that capture a little more detail with a little less noise in a more
capable body, but for my use it is superb. It is not obsolete. It will
probably be several years before I think I might want to replace it.
And like Moose, I will probably end up with more pixels as a bonus
because of buying a newer camera with new features I find to be
irresistible. My point was that for someone considering digital there
is no reason to wait. There is already a degree of stability that
should satisfy anyone who does not have to be on the bleeding edge of
techno progress.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA