[OM] Re: Oly alert-OM2-SP... FS on Rangefinder list

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly alert-OM2-SP... FS on Rangefinder list
From: Gene Wilburn <cdnphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:36:48 -0500
Hey, that's my adapter you're talking about! :-) Hi folks, I've
rejoined after a long absence. I was told the donut, guns and suv
stuff had settled down so thought I'd try again...

Okay, I agree the adapter is expensive. But think about it if, like
me, you have a bunch of Zuiko primes. I owned the CV 21/4 with finder
but sold it. It was too wide for my taste. For me it seems 24mm is as
wide as I like to shoot. The CV 25 is not RF coupled. So, by my
reckoning, I could use my Zuiko 24, 28, 35, 50 and 100 with this
adapter. I currently only have a Jupiter 8 50 and a lovely CV 75. I
got the 25VF to use with my Zuiko 24 and 28 (you can learn to judge
the framing of the 28 pretty quickly).  So, are these lense perfect
for the Bessa? Of course not. Do I want to purchase a whole new set of
primes for the Bessa? No.

Different? I guess. Everyone's cup of tea? Not. Am I happy? Qualified
Yes ... and I'll be happier as soon as I've had a Tim Horton's donut

Cheers,

Gene
http://www.pbase.com/gwilburn/