[OM] Re: EPSON 2200 PHTO STYLUS PRINTER

Subject: [OM] Re: EPSON 2200 PHTO STYLUS PRINTER
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:42:13 -0800 (PST)
> You might want to take a good look at the Canons too.  Usually
> they are ahead of the game.  Epsons are not known for their
> reliability or quality build.  And yes, their perpetual
> clogging of the printheads is a well known problem.

I've never had a clog on my Canon S9000.  Once in a while I'll
pick up a piece of paper dust or something that will block a
nozzle or two, but otherwise, it's been near perfect.

You can get pretty archival results with the Canon using Ilford
Galarie Classic papers. My favorite is the pearl surface.  Canon
inks seem to do substantially better than the aftermarket inks.
In my outdoor, expose to the elements, testing, the canon inks
on this paper has essentially zero apparant fade after six
months. (direct sunlight, I-80 diesel smoke). Aftermarket inks
show about 1/4 stop fade in the yellow.

Oh, the Canon is FAST!

AG

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250