[OM] 28/2.8 Was: The (well almost) definitive word on T-32 coverage

Subject: [OM] 28/2.8 Was: The (well almost) definitive word on T-32 coverage
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:31:25 -0200
Twenty years ago, I figured out the extreme test Chuck refers to in order to
measure how fast the 28/2.8 really was.
I was not fully aware of T-32 light falloff.

I had observed that when opening the 28/2.8 one stop from 22 to 4, speed
moved up, as supposed to, one stop faster (or in Manual, clicking the speed
ring towards one faster speed to keep the needle of my OM-2 centered) -
*except* when opening up from f4 to f2.8.
In this full stop opening, meter showed only a half stop rise.
Yes, no matter how much troubleshooting I did.
Now I have another OM-2n, and the 28/2.8 behaves the same.
It does like this since I bought it new.
Does anyone have the same experience? What about the 24/2.8?
This can't be explained by light falloff at full aperture... and I didn't
notice anything wrong in it: I mean CE104900 works OK as far as I can
identify diaphragm coupling piece out of the diagram.
Perhaps I should examine it again, don't know. Suggestions?

Thanks Chuck for your wise test and conclusions.

Fernando.