[OM] Re: 28/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: 28/2.8
From: Gérard Meunier <gmeunier1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:55:51 +0100
There is nothing wrong with your lens. All Zuiko lenses are the same:
the difference between full aperture and the the first stop is less
that what you would expect.
The reason for that is that all markings on the lenses (except wide
open) correspond to optical f/stops (light transmitted through the
lens).
At full aperture, the marking corresponds to the geometrical opening of
the lens. The difference (geometrical vs. optical) can be very low, but
can be as much as 1/2 f/stop on some lenses.

Hope this helps,

Gérard