[OM] Re: The (well almost) definitive word on T-32 coverage

Subject: [OM] Re: The (well almost) definitive word on T-32 coverage
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:42:42 -0400

> So, does the T-32 support a 24mm field of view?  The answer is yes
> beause, in a world with no standards, the manufacturer says it does.
> Does it support 24mm to an appropriate degree of evenness of
> illumination to suit your purposes?  That's up to you.
>
> Me, I try never to be dependent on a single flash if I can help it.  I
> also try to avoid using them straight on which is the only case in which
> coverage angle is meaningful.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

I guess the thing that comes to my mind now is, does this same thing apply
to other flashes, such as the T20, or the Vivitar 550FD, (or others). In
other words, would they also have significant differences between the center
of the image and the edge at their rated coverage, given they are rated for
35mm and 50mm respectively. Maybe this is just unique to the T32, or does it
apply to other flashes.

Anyways, flashes are something I have to think about a bit, as I've been
asked to do some wedding pics in a few weeks. Obviously I won't be using a
24mm lens much for that, but I should at least try to get away from straight
on flash for some of the shots. These will be all indoor shots requiring
flash, because of the winter season and because of the evening wedding- no
daylight left at that time of day. I've never done much of anything but
straight on flash, so I could definitely use some improvement and challenge
in that area of my photography.

Wayne