[OM] Re: OM-4Ti - when did their production stop?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4Ti - when did their production stop?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:25:11 -0700
At 05:23 PM 07/01/2005, you wrote:

>Garth,
>
>there's someone in US that has OM-4Ti plus a couple of lenses for sale. He
>says he bought "new" it 3 years ago from Ritz.  Should I persue Ti or look
>for T ?

Doesn't matter.  The "T" designator is for the U.S. market (with some
spillover into Canada, I b'lieve), and the "Ti" designator was simply the
same physical unit re-branded for the rest of the world outside of North
America.  Either are good, and are identical in all meaningful respects
(materials, operation, features, form factor, yadda yadda yadda...).

Is this person offering their goods on eB*y, or on photo.net?  I've had
good experiences with both, and bad ones with eB*y (but then, I've done a
lot more transactions on eB*y...).

Garth

P.S.:  BTW, the Olympus e-SIF (Electronic Sales Information File) will
answer lots of your questions, along with the Olympus and Photography
FAQs.  You can find them, respectively, at:

      http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif.htm

- and -

      http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml

Have fun digging!