[OM] Re: OM-4Ti - when did their production stop?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4Ti - when did their production stop?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:45:39 -0700
At 03:00 PM 07/01/2005, Natalia Worthington wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am new to the list. I am a Canon SLR and DSLR user, but new to OM series
>cameras. I just bought OM-4 from KEH and am blown away. I am considering
>getting an OM-4Ti in the best shape possible, and was wondering when were
>the last ones of them made.

Natalia:

First, welcome to the List.

Second, I have a query in to a secret Canadian source of mine that *might*
still have some brand-spankin'-new OM-4T's available (they're the same as
the -4Ti's -- just different nomenclature for different markets).  I expect
the reply to take up to a couple of working days.

As for when they stopped manufacturing them, I don't know.  They stopped
officially supporting/distributing them around September of 2002, and they
may have stopped making them sometime prior to that and simply drew down
existing stocks.  Not sure.

If you're trying to use serial numbers as a guide, that's a bit of a
toughie, 'cause Oly had some interesting practises when it came to serial
numbers.  Folks like John Hermanson or Clint at Photosphere in Dallas (both
denizens of this List) may have some more insight for you on this point, as
they're both licensed Oly techs with deep, arcane knowledge of the workings
of Olympus.  ;-)

Again, welcome.  Soon, we'll be enabling your new-found addiction...  8^>

Garth