[OM] Computers are great after all!

Subject: [OM] Computers are great after all!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:11:22 +0000
My birthday is February 7*.  In Georgia, car tags expire on the DOB of the
registered owner.  And my driver's license, good for four years from date of
issue, also expires on my birthday this year.

Thanks to the computer appliance, and those of you who make them and the stuff
they connect to work, instead of standing in line for an hour or so to get new
tags and another hour or so to renew my driver's license, I went on line to
www.dmvs.ga.gov and in less than 10 minutes got the tags for two SUVs, two
sports cars, and one donorcycle, and renewed my driver's license for another
four years.  So what if I may have gone blind since 2001.  Besides, the
four-year-old picture probably looks better than one taken today -- although I
am still ruggedly handsome, of course.

So, I'm not really tired of computers; just weary of talking too much about
them.

Walt

*Contact me off list about where to send gifts.

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --